SEE THE TOP 6 REASONS WHY YOUR HOUSE DIDN’T SELL IN THE HOT TO MARKET
Curious to know why your house didn’t sell?
Everyone’s talking about how hot the Dallas Metro market is. In this very hot market, why do some houses not sell? Here are the top 6 reasons why your house didn’t sell.
1. Pet odor or Foul Smells – Nothing is more of a turn off to potential buyers than a foul smell in your home. Get rid of any odors before putting it on the market
2. Difficult to show – Buyers want to see homes at a time that is convenient for them. If you have too many restrictions on when buyers can see your house, they may pass over your house for another one.
3. The proper house prep before putting your home on the market – When you put your house on the market you want it to look it best. This means de-cluttering, fixing minor repairs, super cleaning and in some cases staging. Homes that are properly staged for the market sell faster and at a higher price.
4. An ineffective plan to market your home – Most home buyers initially shop for their home online. Having a great online marketing plan that will maximize the exposure your home gets to buyers is critical.
5. Wrong Price – The market determines the price that you house will sell for. It is the simple law of supply and demand.Buyers will pay market price for your home but not overpay. If you price your home too high, it likely will not sell. the price your home will sell for is not wishful thinking or it really has nothing to do with:
How much you need to purchase your next home
How much you paid for your home in the first place
How much you spent on improvement
The value of similar homes in a different community
The cost to build the same house today.
6. Selling your home without a realtor – Many buyers would prefer to have a realtor negotiate the deal for them versus negotiating directly with the seller. Negotiating deals is what realtors do for a living so they are typically pretty good at it. They also know the neighborhoods and can steer you towards a good one. If you sell your home without a realtor, you will miss out on many buyers, buy in the wrong neighborhood or not get the best price.
I’m always interested in helping with any your real estate needs. Connect with me