If you’re searching for a new city where you can hang your hat, consider Dallas, Texas. More than 80,000 people moved to Dallas last year, making it the #1 moving destination in 2016. Dallas is a desirable location for singles, retirees and families of all descriptions. Check out this list if you need to know some of the best reasons for calling Dallas home.
1. Weather And Climate While Texas may be known for its heat, the truth is DFW has all four seasons—even if they’re all in the same week. However, the beautiful climate lends itself to a wide variety of fun activities, both indoors and outdoors, in the city and out in nature, all year round.
2. No state income tax That’s right, there’s a little more money in your paycheck when you live in DFW. No state income tax results in an increased personal income in comparison to other states and an increased popularity for finding jobs in the area. Which is great, because DFW is also becoming known for its…
3. Thriving business industry With big names like Toyota, Liberty Mutual, FedEx, 7-Eleven, and more relocating their headquarters and building new campuses in the DFW area, not to mention Jerry Jones’ brand new Dallas Cowboys headquarters and practice facility, there is ample amount of opportunity for new employment as the population—and economy—continue to grow.
4. Affordable Housing Dallas features a wide array of housing options. From high-rise condominiums to spacious single-family homes, you’ll find it all here. Best of all, Dallas’s real estate market is surprisingly affordable. Thanks to the growing real estate market in Texas of the last few years, builders have a large number of new construction homes available in cities like Frisco, Prosper, Celina, Flower Mound and Southlake for young families looking for a home to raise a family. Now is a great time to get an incredible deal.
4. Football Season The frenzy and fandom seen in Friday Night Lights has a certain element of truth in it. Whether it’s a high school, university, or professional team, football season is one of Texas’ four seasons. Even for those who aren’t sports fans, the lively spirit that arrives at the end of July (the beginning of Cowboys training camp) is unlike any other. 5. Education Not only is the DFW Metroplex home to Southern Methodist University and Texas Christian University, two of the top higher education institutions in the state, but Dallas also houses two of the best high schools in the country. US News ranked the city’s School of Science and Engineering at #4 in the nation, with the city’s School for the Talented and Gifted taking the top spot at #1. Other Dallas Public schools also have claims to fame. The city’s Woodrow Wilson High School is the only high school in the nation to boast two Heisman Trophy winners, Davey O’Brien in 1938 and Tim Brown in 1987. Woodrow Wilson is also the alma mater of rock star Steve Miller.
As a buyer in the Dallas real estate market, you have an exciting season ahead of you! The city is in the midst of its best real estate season in the decade. Hopefully, with the tips we’ve given you, you’ll be able to navigate through the process smoothly and without confusion. Talk to a REALTOR® for more information and to start looking for your new home!
If you’re ready to relocate to Dallas, then you’ll need a professional Realtor to facilitate your move. Our North Texas Dallas real estate experts can guide your search so that you can find your home with ease and efficiency. Trust our intimate, comprehensive knowledge of Dallas’s neighborhoods and our understanding of your family’s unique real estate needs to help you relocate to North Texas Dallas in no time. If you have no selected a top Dallas, TX Realtor to represent you in your home purchase, contact us, and we’d love the opportunity to interview for the opportunity to help you find your dream home! We offer great service and incentives for new home buyers in Southlake, Colleyville, Frisco, Plano, Coppell, Prosper, Castle Hills, Celina, Lewisville and other cities in DFW metro area.